Beetroot Pea Pulao- a healthy,delicious and colorful beet and green pea pulao
Beetroot pea pulao is a very healthy rice preparation made with chopped beetroot and green peas. It looks so inviting and taste very delicious. You don’t need many ingredients to make this wonderful pulao recipe.
It is also a very healthy dish for kids ,They just love the colour and finish it in a jiffy. You can also pack this beetroot pea pulao in kids lunch boxes and it is also a good recipe for a party and get together. it is quite easy and quick to make.
Beetroot is a very healthy vegetable.It is packed with so many vitamins, Minerals, and is low in calories and fat.It helps to keep high blood pressure in check.It is rich in Iron and improves oxygen use up by 20 %.Helps to fight inflammation.Have good amount of fiber so helps to improve digestion.Also helps brain health and have anti cancer properties. So we should include this healthy vegetable in our diet.
How To Make Beetroot and green Pea Pulao
I have added chopped beetroots in the pulao but you can also add grated beetroot in this. Just add whole spices and cumin in the tempering and saute the chopped beetroot and green peas. after few seconds add soaked rice and the spices and stir fry. then add water and cook till done. you can also add more vegetables of your choice in it to make it more healthy and nutritious.
You can also try these healthy recipes-
- Beetroot Raita
- Paneer Bhurji
- Masala Milk Powder
- Masala Hari Mirch
- Gajar Gobhi Shalgum ka Achar
- Punjabi kala Chana Masala
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Beet and Pea Pulao
- 1.25 cup Rice
- 1 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 1 cup Beetroot / Chukandar chopped
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- to taste salt
tempering/ tadka/ waghar
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- Wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Peel beetroot and chop into small cubes.
- Heat ghee and oil in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin seeds ,when it start to crackle then add the other tempering ingredients. saute for few seconds.
- Now add chopped green chilies ,ginger and tomato and stir fry for few seconds and then add green peas and soaked rice.
- Stir gently for 30 seconds and then add chopped beetroot and all the spices.
- Add 2 cups of water and let it come to a rolling boil.
- Now add lemon juice and mix. Cover with a lid and cook on low heat till done.
- Switch off the flame when rice is done.
- After 5 minutes fluff gently with a fork.
- Serve hot with raita ,curd ,pickle and salad.
Very nice receipe
Thank You 🙂