Moong daal Cheela Premix- an instant mix for making yellow lentil crepes
Moong daal cheela premix- daal cheela’s are a very easy and delicious option of breakfast. Lentils are a good source of protein so its a a very healthy and filling option for breakfast . Though making moong daal cheela is quite easy but need some pre panning for making it. You have to soak the yellow lentil/ moong daal for a minimum of 4 hours then have to grind the daal to make batter for making cheela.
This ready Moong daal cheela premix is an instant quick way of making moong daal cheela when ever you want to have it. Make this moong daal cheela premix in large quantity and store in an airtight jar or keep in an zip lock bag and keep refrigerated . This will easily stay fresh for 5 months in the refrigerator.
When ever you want to make cheela just take out the required amount in a mixing bowl add water and make a smooth lump free medium thick batter . Cover and rest the batter for 5 minutes and then make cheela on medium hot tawa .You can also add some finely grated vegetable like spinach, cabbage ,carrot in it to make it more healthy and filling.
How To Make Moong Daal Cheela Premix
For making this cheela premix I have used ready available moong daal aata/ flour But if moong daal aata is not available at your area then you can grind yellow lentil/ moong daal in your mixer jar and use instead of ready flour.
I have also added sun dried fresh green coriander and dried ginger chili in it but if you are making it for using at home then can also add fresh coriander and ginger chilies. Instead of sun drying you can also dry in microwave for 4-5 minutes.Dried herbs are added to make it easier to use as a travel food.
If you make and store this Moong daal cheela premix then making breakfast will be very easy and quick ,even your children and husband can also mix and make breakfast for themselves with this cheela mix. This is also a very good option to carry along on your trip and travels , Can make and give to your children if they are studying abroad or are in hostels.
How To use this premix in making different items-
- You can make cheela or veggie uttapam with this premix
- Can make daal bhajiya’s – just make medium thick batter add pinch of eno and make crisp moong daal bhajiyas, serve with mint chutney .
- Can make vegetable pakoda’s like aloo ,baigan ,green chili,spinach,gobhi pakoda with this mix. just make medium thick batter and dip chopped or sliced vegetables in it and make crispy pakodas.
- You can make waffles with this mix.
- Can also make bread pakoda with this premix.
- Make vadi, taza mangodi or kofta’s for making curries.
- Can also make Moong Daal Dahivada with this mix.
You can also try these delicious recipes-
- Instant Upma Premix
- Instant Poha Premix
- Gajar Mooli Ka Achar
- Paneer Bhurji
- Gobhi Matar Ka Keema
- Methi Dana Launji
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Moong Daal Cheela Premix
- 1/2 kg Yellow lentil flour/ Moong daal aata
- 6 Tbsp Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/3 CUP Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain Optional
- 1 tbsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 cup Sun dried fresh coriander * tightly packed
- 1/4 cup Dried green chili and ginger
Making the cheela Premix-
- Take a big bowl and add all the flour and spices and mix well. Now add the sun dried green coriander,green chili,ginger and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an air tight jar and store at room temperature , will easily stays well for 2 months .
- You can also keep it refrigerated for a long shelf life of 5-6 months.
How To make Sun dried coriander, green chili and ginger-
- Remove the thick and hard stems of fresh coriander and then wash it well. wipe with a cloth and then chop it finely. spread on a big plate and keep it in indirect sunlight or under a fan and dry completely . It will take 2 days to dry it.Or spread on a paper plate or paper napkin in a single layer and dry in microwave for 4-5 minutes
- Chop green chilies or pulse in an vegetable chopper ,peel and grate ginger and then mix both and spread on a big plate and sun dry for 2-3 days till dried completely.Or spread on a paper plate or paper napkin in a single layer and dry in microwave for 4-5 minutes
How To Make Cheela with this Premix
- Take required quantity of cheela mix in a bowl and add equal quantity of water and whisk well to make a lump free batter.(you may need some more or less water according to quality of flour used.)
- Cover the batter with a lid and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick tawa on medium heat , apply some oil on the tawa and then wipe the oil with a tissue.
- Pour a laddle full of batter on the tawa and spread like medium thick dosa , let it cook on medium to low heat and apply oil or ghee over and around the sides of the cheela.
- When cooked from bottom then flip the cheela and cook from the other side too.
- Remove when cooked from both the sides and serve hot with ketchup of chutney of your choice.
- you can add dried kasoori methi instead of dried coriander.
- Can also add fresh coriander ,green chilies and ginger instead of dried ones. Dried are added to make it as a travel food.
- If rice flour not available then use can use ground semolina instead of it.