On Diwali or any festive occasions we make many sweets and savory items to enjoy with our family and friends. Many sweets are made fresh, while some can be planned and made ahead of time.Badam ka halwa is a sweet which can be made and stored in the refrigerator and easily remain good for about 15 days.you can just heat it in the microwave and serve to your guests.
Traditionally, almonds are soaked overnight, peeled and then made into a paste. Then the paste is stir fried in ghee and this process takes quite a bit of time and effort. I have learnt this instant type of quick recipe from my mother who is an awesome cook.
To make badam halwa You have to grind raw almonds to make a slightly coarse powder and then stir fry in ghee and then sugar and water is added and cooked on medium heat till it thicken .You can also use milk instead of water or use half half both.
Prep time-5 min
Cooking time-20 min
Difficulty level – easy
- 100 gms /1 cup – Almonds/badam
- 1.5 tbsp -Semolina/sooji
- 5 tbsp – Ghee /Clarified butter
- 1/2 cup -Sugar/chini
- A pinch of -Saffron/kesar
- 1/2 tsp -Cardamom powder/elaichi
- 1/2 cup -Milk
- 1/2 cup -Water
- Grind dry almonds in a mixer to make a powder.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add semolina and fry it it become pink in color.
- Now add almond powder and stir on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma.
- Add milk and water and cook ,keep stirring to avoid lumps
- When water start boiling add sugar and saffron.
- Cook it started to thicken and almost dries up.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix.
- Serve hot.