Aloo Rajgiri Cheela/Potato and amaranth flour pancakes-a quick and easy recipe for Navratri fasting
In Navratri we all try to make so many different recipes on regular basis so everyone can enjoy them and it won’t become a boring same menu everyday.Though the ingredients used in fasting are quite limited as pulses,rice and grains can note be used during fasting. Kuttu , Rajgiri and singhara atta are mainly used during fasting.
Rajgiri /Amarnath flour/Ramdana is made from the seeds of the amaranth plant ,It is high in protein, fiber and amino acids.You can make so many dishes from this flour. For fasting you can try making- Rajgiri ka Thepla , Rajgiri batata vada which goes well with Falahar aloo sabzi, Lauki ka raita , fruit and Nut chutney
You can also make Kuttu Aloo Ki Pakodi , Kuttu kI Poori, Vrindavan Ki Special Ajwaini Arbi for fasting.Though I make rajgiri poori and paratha often but tried these aloo rajgiri cheela yesterday to make something quick, easier and less oily as compared to pooris.You can also make this with grated potatoes instead of raw grated potatoes or van use raw grated banana for a jain version .I served these with Aam papad chutney which goes very well with all fasting snacks
Rajgiri aloo cheela
- 1 cup Amaranth Flour / Rajgiri Atta
- 1 cup Potatoes / Aloo grated
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds / Til
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- Peel and grate the raw potato and keep aside.
- In a bowl add the rajgiri flour, grated potato and all the ingredients and mix.
- Add just enough water to make a spreadable batter,don't make it too thin.
- Heat a non stick pan and apply few drops of oil and spread with a paper napkin.
- Reduce the flame and spread a ladle fulL of batter and spread it to make round medium thick pancakes.
- Drizzle some oil or ghee around it and cover and cook on low heat.
- When it become dry on the top then drizzle little oil or ghee on tOp and then flip it over.
- Let it become golden from both the sides,
- Serve hot when done.