Chana daal paratha -Wheat flour flat bread with spicy bengal gram filling (Indian flat bread)
Chana daal paratha- Recently I made daal vada’s and some ground chana daal paste was lying in my refrigerator.so I wanted to try some thing different and filling,so I tried these paratha’s for breakfast and believe me they turn out to be so delicious that my husband want to have these for dinner also.you can serve these with curd or any thin curry ,but I loved them with just a cup of tea, nothing else is required.
You may also like these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Chana Daal Paratha
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 tbsp Semolina / Sooji
- 1/2 cup Bengal gram /chana daal bengal gram-1/2 cup
- 3 tbsp Grated raw mango
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak Grated
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya
- 1.5 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash and soak chana daal for 2 hours
- Wash again and grind it coarsly.
- Heat 2 tbls oil in a pan,add crushed coriander seeds, crushed fennel seeds and asafoetida.
- When seeds become golden then add ginger, crushed chana daal,1/2 t.s salt and chilli powder and roast on low flame for 1 minute.(no need to dry it completly)
- Take out in a bowl and add grated raw mango and mint leaves, mix well and keep aside.
- In a big bowl ,add wheat flour, semolina, salt and 1 tbls oil.mix ,and make a soft dough.
- Take a small ball from the dough and roll a little, then stuff 1.5 tbls of mixture in it .
- Collect the sides and close to make a ball.and roll into a medium thick paratha
- Put it on to a medium hot griddle (tawa) and cook till light brown spot appears on one side
- Flip the side and cook from other side, apply little oil and cook from both sides by pressing gently with a spatula.
- Serve hot.
I am soon going to try these parathas…my family is a big lover of stuffed parathas and this one is really different and I can just imagi ne the wonderful taste. Also browsing through your old recipes, you have a great collection.
Shobha Kamath says
The Parathas look very tempting !
I'm Punitha from
New to your space. Looks YummY:)
Neat presentation Mayeeka.
At your free time do visit my
blog:) Keep on …
Kaveri Venkatesh says
Delicious looking parathas…lovely flavorful filling
Wow, love that filling, with mangoes and mint, awesome parathas..
Divya Pramil says
Looks very delicious..
Participate and win prizes
The Master Chef Contest
delicious dal parantha……so full of flavour…tasty.
Spice up the Curry says
dal paratha looks mouthwatering. I am feeling hungry right now.
Dal paratha looks yum, I have done sweet version but not this. Should try….
Yummy..dal stuffed parathas.
Feel like eating them..
yummy and healthy… I love stuffed parathas
Dal stuffed parathas looks absolutely irresistible.
Subhie Arun says
healthy n yummy paratha ..v tempting!
healthy parantha.. will be more tasty with onion raita..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
So inviting n tempting paratha….
hey this is good and looks lovely..
u had made tht moong dal paratha earlier also na
this is good