Spicy Indian flat bread filled with cooked yellow lentil and spices.
- Wheat flour -4 cup
- Salt -1 t.s
- Oil -1 tbls
- Yellow lentil/ moong daal -1 cup
- Green chillies -3
- Fresh mint -3 tbls
- Grated ginger-1 t.s
- Cumin seeds -1 t.s
- Fennel seeds(saunf) -1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1.5 t.s
- Turmeric -1/2 t.s
- Mango powder -1.5 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Salt -1 t.s
- Oil – 2 tbls
- Wash and soak moong daal in water for 20 minutes.then drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin ,fennel and chopped green chillies.
- When become golden add turmeric and then add soaked daal.
- Sir fry for few seconds ,then add chilli powder, ginger and salt.
- Now add 2 cup water ,let it boil.when start boiling lower the flame ,cover and cook till done.
- It should be soft and little moist.(add some more water if needed)
- Then add mango powder,garam masala (or add 1 t.s lemon juice) and chopped mint or coriander.
- Mix well and take out in a plate .let it cool down completly.
- Dough – take wheat flour in a deep pan,add salt and oil,rub ,then make a soft dough with water,cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take a ping pong size ball from the dough.flatten it a little ,stuff with equal amount of filling,seal it properly. roll into a medium thick paratha.
- Heat a flat pan ,dizzle some oil or butter ,put the rolled paratha on it,cook from both side with oil or butter till golden and crisp
- .If you want to avoid oil then make it like a roti and apply few drops of butter.
- serve hot.
Note-you can also make this paratha with split bengal gram(chana daal).
serving suggestions-best with curd ,potato curry and pickle