Moong Daal Paratha- Spicy Indian flat bread filled with cooked yellow lentil and spices.
Moong Daal Paratha- We Indian love Stuffed parathas specially during winters. Stuffed parathas are mainly made with grated or boiled and mashed vegetables. But this Moong daal paratha is also taste delicious and very healthy too. You can also pack this easily in lunch boxes. It taste awesome with some curd and pickle or with just a cup of hot ginger tea.
you need some soaked moong daal and few basic spices to make this paratha. soak the moong daal for few hours and then temper it in hot oil with cumin and fennel seeds. Add just enough water to cover the lentil and cook on low heat till done . Add spices and fesh coriander and mix. Stuff in soft chapati dough and make like regular parathas .
If you are looking for more stuffed parathas then try-
- Wheat flour -4 cup
- Salt -1 t.s
- Oil -1 tbls
- Yellow lentil/ moong daal -1 cup
- Green chilies -3
- Fresh mint -3 tbls
- Grated ginger-1 t.s
- Cumin seeds -1 t.s
- Fennel seeds(saunf) -1 t.s
- Chili powder-1.5 t.s
- Turmeric -1/2 t.s
- Mango powder -1.5 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Salt -1 t.s
- Oil – 2 tbls
- Wash and soak moong daal in water for 20 minutes.then drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin ,fennel and chopped green chilies.
- When become golden add turmeric and then add soaked daal.
- Sir fry for few seconds ,then add chili powder, ginger and salt.
- Now add 2 cup water ,let it boil.when start boiling lower the flame ,cover and cook till done.
- It should be soft and little moist.(add some more water if needed)
- Then add mango powder,garam masala (or add 1 t.s lemon juice) and chopped mint or coriander.
- Mix well and take out in a plate .let it cool down completely.
- Dough – take wheat flour in a deep pan,add salt and oil,rub ,then make a soft dough with water,cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take a ping pong size ball from the dough.flatten it a little ,stuff with equal amount of filling,seal it properly. roll into a medium thick paratha.
- Heat a flat pan ,drizzle some oil or butter ,put the rolled paratha on it,cook from both side with oil or butter till golden and crisp
- .If you want to avoid oil then make it like a roti and apply few drops of butter.
- serve hot.
Note-you can also make this paratha with split bengal gram(chana daal).
serving suggestions-best with curd ,potato curry and pickle
Moong Daal Paratha
Stuffed Moong Daal Paratha- Spicy Indian flat bread filled with cooked yellow lentil and spices.
Servings: 4 people