A rich and moist egg less fruit and nut cake- perfect to bake on Christmas
- Refined Flour / Maida – 200 gms
- Condensed Milk – 1 tin
- Butter – 100 gms
- Chopped Mixed Nuts – 100 gms *
- Tutti Frutti – 75 gms
- Orange Marmalade – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg Powder – a pinch
- Drinking Soda – approx 125 ml
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Baking Powder – 1.5 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Water – 30 ml
- Icing sugar-1 tbsp
- Mix and sift refined flour,baking soda and baking powder twice and then add ginger powder,nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder.(mixture A)
- Add 1.5 tsp refined flour in the chopped nuts and mix well.
- In a heavy pan add sugar and melt on medium heat to caramelize it.
- When it become like a golden syrup then add 30 ml water in it and mix well.keep aside.
- In a pan, melt butter till it become soft,switch off the flame and then add condensed milk and orange marmalade and whisk well.
- Now add 1/3 portion of refined flour mixture(A) in it and mix.then add some caramalized sugar water,1/3 portion of nuts and some drinking soda water and mix well
- Repeat this process in 3 batches till all the ingredients are mixed well in the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 140 degree temp.
- Pour the cake mixture in a non stick cake tin ,and tap gently to remove any air bubble.
- Bake for 50-60 minute then insert a toothpick and check .
- If the toothpick come out clean then remove the cake from the oven
- OR-if there is some wet mixture stick on the toothpick then cook further for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then lossen the edges with a butter knife and invert on a plate.
- Take 1 tbsp of icing sugar in a sieve and dust over the cake and decorate with some glazed cherries and enjoy!!
I have used almonds, cashews, walnuts and raisins, but you may use any other dry fruits like prunes, pecans, apricots, dates etc.