Stuffed green chili pickle -North Indian style
Stuffed Green Chili Pickle -this is a very delicious and tangy pickle of fresh green chilies. This fresh green chili recipe is a very old recipe of my family. I learned making this chili pickle recipe from mother like the all the delicious yummy pickle recipe posted on my blog.
I love pickles so much that I often try to make different varieties of pickles regularly. Green chili pickle is my most favourite one and have tried making so many varieties of chili pickle and all turn out awesome.
Do try these chili pickles-
- Green chili ,ginger and lemon pickle
- Green Chili Pickle – Maharashtrian style
- Rajasthani Mirchi Ka Kutta
- Gujarati Raita Mircha
- Chukki Hui Hari Mirch
- Puli Milagai/ South Indian Pickle
- Thick Green chilies /Serrano peppers- 350 gms
- Fennel seeds-1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds-2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder-3.5 tbsp
- Mango powder-3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1.5 tbsp
- Mustard oil-2 tbsp
- White vinegar-1.5 tbsp
- Wash and wipe the chilies well and then spread on a towel for some time to remove any trace of moisture .
- Slit from the middle lengthwise from top to end part and take care not to cut into two parts.
- You can remove the seeds from the chilies to make it less spicy.(optional)
- Grind mustard and fenugreek and make a powder.
- Coarsely crush fennel seeds.
- In a big bowl add all the spices,vinegar and 2 tbsp oil and mix well.
- Stuff this mixture in the chilies.
- Now put the stuffed chilies in a sterlized jar .
- Heat 2 tbsp of mustard oil and then let it cool down completely,then pour over the chiles.
- If possible keep the jar in sunlight daily for few hours and Start using after 4-5 days.
- Serve with rice and any Indian bread of your choice.
1-The pickle stays well for minimum a month but If you are making the pickle in large quantity then add enough oil to cover the pickle till the rim for a long shelf life .
2-Quick version-You can chop the chilies in roundals and then mix all the ingredients in it and fill in the jar.
3- Can substitute vinegar with lemon juice.