Dahi kofta curry -Kofta made from hung curd in cooked in tomato gravy
Dahi Kofta Curry- One of the biggest problems with Summer, is the lack of variety in vegetables available.
This recipe takes care of that – with curd being the main ingredient for the Koftas. And since it’s made of curd – so this dahi kofta curry is a perfect recipe for summers!
You can also try these easy recipes-
- Chili Paneer Mumtaz
- Sweet and Sour Paneer
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Veg Makhanwala
- Paneer Pudina Kabab
- Lachcha Paratha
- Curd-300 gms
- Green chili-2
- Chopped ginger-1 t.s
- Raisins-1 t.s
- Fresh coriander-1 tbsp
- Salt-1/2 t.s
For the batter-
- gram flour-1 cup
- chili powder-1/2 t.s
- salt-1/3 t.s
- asafoetida-a pinch of
- Cashew nuts-8
- Hung curd-1 tbs
- Ginger chili paste-1.5 t.s
- Kashmiri chili powder-1 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Coriander powder-1 t.s
- Kasoori methi-1/3 t.s
- Turmeric-1/2 t.s
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Sugar-1/4 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Oil-3 tbs
- Fresh coriander-1 tbs
- Tie curd in a muslin cloth and hang for at least 8 hours to drain the water completely.
- Take the hung curd (approx 1.5 cup) in a bowl and then add all the spices and nuts.
- Grease your palms and make small balls from the mixture.
- If having difficulty in making balls then add 2 t.s semolina,mix and wait for 5 minutes then make balls .
- Take gram flour in a bowl and add salt,1/2 t.s chili powder and pinch of turmeric then add just enough water and mix and make a medium thick batter (like you make for pakoras)
- Dip the balls in gram flour batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden in color.
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin seed and ginger chili paste,saute for a while.
- Add tomato puree and all the spices and fry till oil separates from the mixture.
- Add 2.5 cup water and 1 tbs of hung curd and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Arrange koftas in the serving dish and pour boiling gravy on it.wait for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander,chili oil and serve.
Serving suggestions-serve with roti, poori and rice
Dahi Kofta Curry
Servings: 4 people