I use to add the left over daal in chapati dough and dry curries to stuff and make parathas and tikkis, rice being the easiest one can be used to make masala bhath ,fried rice ,pakora etc which childen really enjoy eating.
but the real challenge is to use leftover chapati in an interesting way.But I rarely have to use leftover chapatis,and when I do, then I make simple bhaji rolls with it,but now I want to try something different and interesting,so made these tangy roti noodles
This can be served as a snack,breakfast,main course or can easily pack for kids tiffin box.
Prep time-10 min
Cooking time- 10 min
- Leftover Chapati/Roti-2
- Cabbage,shredded-1/2 cup
- Carrot,grated-1/2 cup
- Capsicum,sliced-1/2 cup
- Tomato,chopped- 1 cup
- Chili powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Pav bhaji masala- 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander-1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Cooking oil- 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-3/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida- a pinch of
- Slice chapati into thin and medium size pieces/Juliennes with a sharp knife or can use a scissor.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and mustard seeds
- When cumin become golden then add asafoetida,chopped tomato and salt.
- Cover and cook till tomato become slightly soft.
- Now add carrot,cabbage and capsicum, all the spices and saute till the vegetables become half done.
- Now add 2 tbsp of water in the pan and mix.
- Add the chapati pieces in the masala, stir and mix well .
- Now add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot or pack for kids lunchbox.