Methi Na Gota- Fresh Fenugreek leaves and chick pea flour fritters
Methi Na Gota is a very popular deep fried snack from Gujarat .Methi Gota’s are very famous in Dakor so also popular as Dakor na gota. Though most of the popular Gujarati snacks are steamed like Khaman Dhokla, Sandwich Dhokla , Palak methi Muthiya and Rasiya Patra etc but they also love there fried farsans and this gota is very delicious preparations with Fresh fenugreek,chick pea flour and few spices.
Methi Na Gota can be made and enjoyed any time but taste best in winters when good quality of fresh fenugreek leaves are available in the market.If you dont have fresh fenugreek then can use soaked dried methi/kasoori methi instead but the taste will be slightly different.
In Gujarat These Methi na gota’s are sold on road side shops,cart and in most of the sweet and farsan shops . Gota’s are served with kadi, Green chutney and fried green chilies and a cup of chai go along well.This is quite an easy jhatpat kind of snack to make,If you have chopped fenugreek at hand then it can be made in a jiffy .
You can serve these fritters it to your guests, pack in lunch boxes or enjoy with tea on a cold or rainy day.
Some people add mashed ripe bananas in it to cut the bitterness of Fenugreek leaves but I avoid adding it as I love the slight bitter taste of Fenugreek. But you can add it if you wish.
you may also like these delicious recipes-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Methi Na Gota Recipe, Methi Pakora
- 2 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 4 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped finely
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya crushed
- 3/4 tbsp sesame seeds /til
- 3/4 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1.5 tsp Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/4 cup Cooking Oil to add in the batter
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Eno fruit salt
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Cooking Oil to deep fry
- 6 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch to deep fry
- Wash and finely chop Fenugreek leaves /methi .
- Take a bowl and add besan/sooji and all the spices and mix.
- Now add 1/4 hot oil and mix well with your fingers.
- Now add chopped methi, green chilies,ginger and yogurt and mix again.
- Add water in the mixture and make a medium soft batter.
- Rest it for 10 minutes.
- Add eno in the batter and mix well.
- Heat enough oil in a wide and deep pan .
- When oil become hot then drop small fritters in the oil using your fingers.
- Fry gotas till they become golden in colour.
- Drain on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Fried chilies- Make slits in the whole chilies and deep fry them in the hot oil till they become golden.now drain on a paper napkin and sprinkle salt and mango powder or just add some chat masala.