Kala chana chaat -Black chick peas,boiled and stir fried with tangy Indian spices
Kala chana Chaat- Kala Chana is a very healthy and nutritious legume.It is very low in fat and is very high fiber content so helps in weight loss and helps to lower cholesterol.Kala chana is also low in glycemic index. Is a great source of Iron and protein. It is quite filling ,you can have it for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.
Kala Chana is very healthy but quite heavy to digest so while cooking do add asafoetida and ginger which aids in digestion.You can eat kala chana cooked and raw,in both forms. If you are using raw then make sure to soak it for minimum 8 hours.
Do try this easy and quick kala chana chaat recipe and enjoy with your meal just have a bowl of kala chana as your evening snack or in your breakfast !
You may also like these recipes-
- Paneer Bhurji
- Gujarati Vaghareli Khichdi
- Oats Vegetable Chilla
- Sarson Ka Saag
- Makki Aloo Paratha
- Gajar Mooli Ka Achar
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Kala Chana Chaat ,Chana Masala
- 2 cup Black Chickpeas / Kala Chana
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar - Chopped
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- Soak 2 cup green gram in enough water for at least 6 hours, it become triple in volume after soaking
- If you want to sprout them then soak for minimum 8 hours and then drain and keep covered for 2 days .
- Take soaked gram and pressure cook for 6 whistles on medium heat.
- Take 3 tbsp oil in a pan ,add 1/2 t.s cumin seeds, asafoetida, grated or chopped 1 t.s ginger, 2 chopped green chilies and curry leaves .
- Stir fry for a while ,now add 2 chopped tomatoes(if you want little gravy then add 3,4 tomatoes ) and salt,and cover with a lid
- Cook till tomatoes become soft then add 1/2 t.s turmeric ,1/2 t.s black salt, 2 t.s red chili powder, 1 t.s coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala and 1 t.s chana masala.
- Fry for a minute,add boiled green gram ,2 tbsp of water and cook for 1 minute or till moisture evaporate,add 1 t.s lemon juice and green coriander,check the seasoning,add more lemon juice if required,serve garnished with grated ginger,green coriander and lemon slice.