Kala chana chaat -Black chick peas,boiled and stir fried with tangy Indian spices
Kala chana Chaat- Kala Chana is a very healthy and nutritious legume.It is very low in fat and is very high fiber content so helps in weight loss and helps to lower cholesterol.Kala chana is also low in glycemic index ,is a great source of Iron and protein. It is quite filling so you can have it for breakfast ,lunch and dinner.
Kala Chana is very healthy but quite heavy to digest so while cooking do add asafoetida and ginger which aids in digestion. You can eat kala chana cooked and raw in both forms. If you are using raw then make sure to soak it for minimum 8 hours.
Do try this easy and quick kala chana chaat recipe and enjoy with your meal just have a bowl of kala chana as your evening snack or in your breakfast !
You may also like these recipes-
- Paneer Bhurji
- Gujarati Vaghareli Khichdi
- Oats Vegetable Chilla
- Raw Banana Sabji
- Green Moong Daal
- Bharwa Karela
Kala Chana Chaat I Chana Masala
- 2 cup Black Chickpeas / Kala Chana
- 3 Tomatoes / Tamatar - Chopped
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1.5 inch Ginger / Adrak juliennes
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 small Boiled potatoes /aloo optional
- Soak 2 cup black chick peas/ black gram / kala chana in enough water for at least 6 hours, it become triple in volume after soaking
- If you want to sprout them then soak again for minimum 8 hours and then drain and keep covered for 2 days .
- Take soaked gram and pressure cook for 6 whistles on medium heat.
- Take 3 tbsp oil in a pan ,add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, asafoetida, grated or chopped 1 tsp ginger, 2 chopped green chilies and curry leaves .
- Stir fry for a while ,now add 2 chopped tomatoes(if you want little gravy then add 3,4 tomatoes ) and salt,and cover with a lid
- Cook till tomatoes become soft then add 1/2 t.s turmeric ,1/2 t.s black salt, 2 t.s red chili powder, 1 t.s coriander powder,1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp chana masala or chaat masala.
- Fry for a minute then add boiled black gram , cubed boiled potato ,2 tbsp. of water and cook for 2 minute or till moisture evaporates.
- Now add 2 tsp of lemon juice and green coriander, check the seasoning, add more lemon juice if required.
- Serve garnished with some ginger juliennes, Chopped green coriander, few small tomato pieces, slit green chilies and a lemon slice.
- Enjoy as a chaat/salad or as a side dish with your meal.
I made this for hubby’s lunch really liked the taste of the gravy
Thank you Archena !Glad you liked it
thnks for dropping by….happy to follow you too!
SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES" Series – CARDAMOM (Dec 5th to Jan 5th)
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY