Moong sprout masala -Bean sprouts cooked in simple Indian spices
Bean sprouts or moong sprouts are very healthy and we all know the health and medicinal benefits of using them.As sprouts are very easy to make,I always make sprouts at home,so will always get fresh sprouts and they are economical too,I have posted the step by step pictorial of How to make sprouts at home .I often make Moong Sprout Chat and this simple stir fry ,which can be served as a snack or side dish.
Prep time-5 minutes
Cooking time-10 minutes
- Moong sprouts-3 cup
- Tomato,chopped-1/2 cup
- Ginger,chopped- 1 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Fresh coriander,chopped- 2tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Water- 1/4 cup
- Cooking oil/ghee-3 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves-8
- Chopped green chilies- 1tsp
- Wash the sprouts well to remove any odour.
- Heat ghee or oil in the pressure cooker .
- Now add all the tempering ingredients.
- When seeds start crackling add chopped tomato and stir fry for few seconds.
- Now add sprouts and all the dry spices and ginger and stir fry for few seconds.
- Add 1/4 cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium heat.
- When cool down then open the pressure cooker and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Mix well and serve as a snack or side dish.
1-If you want to serve this as a snack/chat or want it little crisp and crunchy then pressure cook for only 1 whistle.
2- Can add little more water and 1 cup tomatoes if you want to serve this as a curry and want some gravy in it.