It is easy and simple to cook and you can experiment and make a variety of dishes with this veggie .My family loves bottle gourd so I make variety of dishes with this.
Today I made this simple and easy lauki moong daal sabzi with fresh herbs and very little fat.The mild flavors and light on stomach curry is very good for summers.
I have also posted
- Kashmiri Doodhi Yakhni,
- Lauki mangodi Ki Sabzi
- Lauki ka raita
- Bharwa Karela
- Khatta Meetha Kaddu
- Lauki chana daal.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Lauki Moong Daal Ki Sabzi
- 700 gm Bottle gourd/ Lauki
- 1/4 cup Yellow lentil/ Moong ki daal
- 2.5 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric/ Haldi
- to Taste Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger/ Adrak chopped
- 4 tbsp Fresh coriander/ Hara dhaniya
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice/ Neebu rRas
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Ghee/ Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed/ Jeera
- 2 tsp Green Chili/ Hari Mirch
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 2 Dried whole red chilies
- Wash and soak moong daal/lentil in water for 10 minutes.
- Wash,peel and chop lauki/bottle gourd in medium size pieces.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pressure cooker,then add cumin seeds.
- As soon as seeds start crackling add all the ingredients of tempering.
- Stir fry till cumin become golden in colour.
- Now add soaked daal,chopped lauki, salt,turmeric and chili powder.
- Stir for few seconds and then add water and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles on medium heat or cook till become soft.
- Open the cooker when cool down completely and add ginger and a pinch of sugar(can add some hot water to adjust the consistency according to your preference)) and give it a boil.
- Now remove the cooker from the flame and add lemon juice and chopped coriander in the curry
- Serve with roti or any Indian bread.