Palk poori – Indian deep fried puffs made with spinach,wheat flour and spices
Preparation time- 10 min
cooking time-5 min
- Wheat flour-2 cup
- Semolina-1/2 cup
- Spinach -1 bunch(150gms)
- Mint leaves-10
- Green chilli-3
- Boiled potato-1(optional)
- Grated ginger-1/2 t.s
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Asafotida-1/4 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Refined oil-2 tsp
- Wash spinach,mint and green chillies.
- Boil 1 glass water in a pan with 1/2 tsp sugar ,when water start boiling ,add spinach and cook for 1/2 minute or till it wilt and change its colour.
- Take out spinach from the pan, wash and refresh in ice cold water.
- Add spinach,green chilli,ginger and mint leaves in the mixer jar and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Take wheat flour and semolina in a bowl then add boiled and mashed potato,salt and oil and mix well.
- Add spinach puree, mix and make a hard dough,add little water only if needed.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.dust with flour and roll to make medium thick poori’s
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry poori’s on medium heat.drain on a tissue paper
- Serve hot
Serving suggestions-serve with curd,pickle or curry