Palak Poori – Indian deep fried puffs made with spinach,wheat flour and spices
Palak Poori is a healthy and colourful variation of normal plain white poories.These pooris are made with blanched spinach puree added in the dough ,which gives a beautiful green colour to the fried poori.
Usually poori’s are made with either wheat flour or refined flour/maida .you can use any one of these or just mix both. To add flavour and taste I have added few mint leaves green chilies,ginger and cumin in the spinach puree and the Palak poori taste very good.
These Palak poori’s taste awesome as it is, but if paired with a cup of hot masala chai or aloo tamatar ki sabzi ,choley or any spicy tangy curry they taste out of the world !
You can also try these delicious poori’s –
Preparation time- 10 min
cooking time-5 min
- Wheat flour-2 cup
- Semolina-1/2 cup
- Spinach -1 bunch(150gms)
- Mint leaves-10
- Green chilli-3
- Boiled potato-1(optional)
- Grated ginger-1/2 t.s
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Asafotida-1/4 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Refined oil-2 tsp
- Wash spinach,mint and green chillies.
- Boil 1 glass water in a pan with 1/2 tsp sugar ,when water start boiling ,add spinach and cook for 1/2 minute or till it wilt and change its colour.
- Take out spinach from the pan, wash and refresh in ice cold water.
- Add spinach,green chilli,ginger and mint leaves in the mixer jar and grind to make a smooth paste.
- Take wheat flour and semolina in a bowl then add boiled and mashed potato,salt and oil and mix well.
- Add spinach puree, mix and make a hard dough,add little water only if needed.
- Cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- Make small balls from the dough.dust with flour and roll to make medium thick poori’s
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry poori’s on medium heat.drain on a tissue paper
- Serve hot
Serving suggestions-serve with curd,pickle or curry
Palak Poori / Spinach Poori
Servings: 6 people