Papad methi ki sabzi -A yoghurt based fenugreek seeds and popadum curry- a Rajasthani specialty
- Urad daal papad – 6
- Fenugreek seeds-3 tbls
- Yoghurt-1 cup
- Gram flour-1 t.s
- Chopped tomato-1/4 cup
- Besan boondi-1/4 cup (optional)
- Turmeric-1/3 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Chopped spinach leaves-5
- Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Asafoetida-1/4 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Coriander powder-1 t.s
- Soak fenugreek seeds in a cup of water for 2 hours. then wash with water and cook in microwave for 3 minutes.or pressure cook for 2 whistles to reduce the bitterness of methi seeds.
- Drain the water and keep aside the methi seeds(or can use without boiling if you like the slight bitterness of methi seeds. )
- Deep fry the papads (frying is optional,you can use raw or dry roast them, but I prefer to use fried papad’s) and break into small pieces. You can also use moong daal papads
- Take curd in a bowl and mix in all the spices .
- Heat oil in a pan ,add cumin seeds and asafoetida.when it become golden add gram flour,stir for few seconds
- Add fenugreek seeds ,give it a stir and then add curd mixture stir fry for a minute .
- Add 1.5 glass water and chopped spinach ,when water start boiling add papad pieces,tomato pieces and boondi.
- let it boil for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add chopped coriander and serve hot
Serving suggestions-best with roti, thepla and rice