Corn curry -Sweet corn curry cooked in tangy tomato sauce
- Corn kernals-2 cup
- Bottle gourd-1 cup
- Chopped capsicum -1 cup
- Cashew nut pieces-2 tbsp
- Green chilies-2
- Ginger-1 inch
- Dried fenugreek leaves-1tsp
- Garam masala-1tsp
- Red chili powder-1tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Refined oil-3 tbsp
- Pressure cook corn kernals with a cup of water for 2 whistles,drain and keep aside.
- Peel and chop bottle gourd,chop tomato ,chili and ginger in small pieces.
- Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker add tomato, chili,bottlegourd and cashew pieces and saute for 1 minute .
- Add 2 tbsp water and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame .
- When cooled completely, grind and make a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan add chopped capsicum and saute for a minute,drain and keep aside.
- Now add grated ginger and boiled corn in the same pan and saute for few seconds.
- Add kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves),all the spices and the ground tomato paste
- Mix and add 3/4 cup water cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and fresh coriander and serve hot.
Serving suggestions-best served with paratha,roti and rice