Guvar Phali Ki Sabzi-Cluster beans cooked with Yogurt and Indian spices- specialty from Rajasthan.
- Guvar phali Aloo ki sabzi
- Ker Sangri Ki Sabzi
- Guvar Dhokli Nu Shaak
- Valor Muthiya Ki Sabzi
- Sem baigan Ki Sabzi
- Beans Thoran
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Guvar Phali ki Subzi (Cluster Bean Stir Fry)
- 275 gms Cluster beans /Guvar phali
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf coarsly powdered
- Pinch of Sugar / Chini
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Pinch of Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- To taste Salt / Namak
- Wash and de-string the cluster beans/guvar and chop into medium size pieces.
- Pressure cook with a glass of water for 3 whistles.(check note)
- Open the cooker and drain the beans in a colander to drain off all the water,no need to press and squeeze the water from the beans.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida and ajwain ,fry till golden in colour
- Now add green chili and saute for few seconds.
- Add turmeric, boiled guvar phali and salt and saute for a minute.
- Take curd in a bowl and mix sugar, chili powder, coriander powder and fennel powder and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt mix in the pan and mix with the guvar phali and let it cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes.keep stirring in between.
- When the gravy thickens then remove it from the heat.
- Serve hot with rice or any Indian bread of your choice.
- The pressure cooking time depends on the quality and thickness of guavar phali,tender small guvar get cooked faster and mature thick guvar takes time to cook so cook accordingly ,it may cook in 1-3 whistles.
- I have used Mustard oil but you can use any cooking oil of your choice.