Patta Gobhi Aloo Ki Sabzi – Stir fried cabbage and potato curry
Patta Gobhi Aloo is a simple stir fry from North India .Cabbage is a healthy and low cal vegetable ,it can be used as a diet food and to reduce weight .It can be consumed easily by everyone. Cabbage curry can be made by adding potatoes ,peas ,chana daal or just stir fried with carrot to make kachumber. In this cabbage and potato curry I have added some tomatoes to add flavour and colour.
Some time people complained about having bloating and gas after they consume cabbage. So in that case try adding ginger,asafoetida and fenugreek in the tempering ,it helps to digest cabbage easily.
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Aloo aur patta gobhi ki subzi ,Cabbage and Potato fry
- 350 grams Cabbage / Patta Gobhi
- 2 medium Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder OR 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- a pinch Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
Tempering / Tadka
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- a pinch Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Shred cabbage finelyand chop potato and tomato in small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add the tempering, when seeds start cracling add curry leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Add turmeric, chopped potato and cabbage.
- Stir fry for a minute ,add salt and cover and cook on slow flame.
- When done, add all the spices and chopped tomato.
- Mix and cover and cook for a minute.
- Add fresh coriander and enjoy.