Cauliflower kofta / dumpling cooked in healthy spinach and tomato sauce
- Spinach-2 bunches
- Chopped green chilies-1 tbsp
- Ginger-1 inch
- Cashew pieces-2.5 tbsp
- Grated cauliflower-2 cup
- Boiled potato-1(medium)
- Gram flour-1/4 cup
- Corn flour-1/4 cup
- Salt-1 tsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Bay leaves-2
- Cooking oil-3 tbs
- Remove thick stems of spinach and wash well.
- Soak cashews in warm water for 15 minutes
- Boil water in a pan add 1/2 tsp sugar in it.when water start boiling add spinach leaves.cook for 1 minute with out covering the pan, drain and refresh in cold water and then grind into a smooth puree.
- Then grind chopped tomato,cashews,green chilies and ginger into a smooth paste.
- Koftas-Microwave grated cauliflower for 2 minutes and then let it cool down.
- In a bowl,add grated cauliflower,mashed potato,gram flour,corn flour,salt,chili powder,pinch of garam masala and mix well and make lime size balls from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the koftas on medium heat till golden in colour.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add 2.5 tbsp oil,when become warm add cumin seeds ,cardamom and bay leaf.
- When cumin start crackling then add tomato puree,turmeric and chili powder and cook till oil start seperating from the mixture.
- Then add spinach puree and approx 2.5 cup water(or how much gravy you want to make),mix and let it cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and garam masala.
- Switch off the flame and add koftas in the gravy,cover for 5 minutes so the koftas soak in the flavours.
- OR-arrange the koftas in the serving dish and pour hot gravy on it and serve
- Garnish with fresh cream or butter.
Serving suggestions-serve with rice,pulao,or any Indian bread