Spinach corn curry -A healthy and delicious curry made with spinach and corn
Prep time- 15 minutes
Cooking time- 15 minutes
type- side dish
- Spinach- 2 bunch/500 gms
- Corn kernels,boiled – 2 cup
- Tomato -3
- Green chilies – 4
- Ginger-1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar- a pinch
- Turmeric- 1/3 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/3 tsp
- Kasoori methi- 1 tsp
- Fresh cream- 2 tbsp(optional)
- Cooking oil- 2.5 tbsp
- Butter- 1tbsp
- Cumin -1 tsp
- Green cardamom- 3
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1/2 inch
- Bay leaves-2
- Trim the hard and thick stems of spinach and wash it well.
- Heat enough water in a pan and add 1/3 tsp of sugar in it.
- When water start boiling add the spinach leaves and cook for around 30 seconds .
- Now remove the leaves from the pan and immedietely add in a bowl of ice cold water(to retain the bright green colour)
- Grind the spinach leaves and make a smooth puree.
- Grind together tomato,green chilies and ginger and make a paste.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan and add cumin seeds,cardamom,cloves,cinnamon and bay leaves.
- When cumin become golden then add the tomato puree and turmeric powder.
- Saute till tomato puree start leaving the oil.
- Now add spinach puree,crushed kasoori methi and boiled corn and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt,sugar,garam masala and fresh cream and simmer for a minute.
- Add lemon juice and serve hot.
Serving suggestions-serve with jeera rice,chapati or pooris.
1-Can replace fresh cream with 1/2 cup of fresh milk
2-Can use 1/2 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves instead of kasoori methi.