Palak and moong sprout paratha -Indian flat bread made with spinach puree and stuffed with bean sprouts and spices
preparation time-10 min
cooking time-10 min
- Wheat flour-2.5 cup
- Soya bean flour-1/4cup
- Flex seed meal -3 t s
- Spinach-250 gms
- Green chillies-3
- Mint leaves-15
- Cumin seeds-1 t.s
- Salt-1 t.s
- Oil-2 tbls
- Moong sprouts-2.5 cup
- Boiled potato-2
- Grated ginger-1 t.s
- Chilli powder-1 t.s
- Mango powder- 1/2 t.s
- Garam masala-1/2 t.s
- Salt-1/2 t.s
- Clean and remove the steams from spinach.
- Boil 2 glasses of water in a pan, when it start boiling ,add spinach leaves
- After a minute remove the spinach leaves from boiling water and refresh in cold water.
- Pressure cook moong sprouts with 1 cup water and 1/4 t.s turmeric for 1 whistle .take out the sprouts and keep aside the water (A)
- Take spinach,green chilli and mint in the mixer jar and make a paste.
- In a big bowl add wheat flour.soya flour,flex powder,cumin seeds, salt and oil mix well and add spinach puree and make a soft dough.use the water (A) if required.
- Take sprouts in a bowl add boiled potatoes,grated ginger,mango powder,chilli powder,garam masala and salt.
- Take a small ball from the dough,roll into a small disc,take equal portion of stuffing and keep in the centre of the disc.
- Pull all the sides of the disc and close to make a ball again.
- Press it and dust in the dry flour and roll gently with a rolling pin
- Don’t press it hard while rolling otherwise the filling may come out from the paratha
- Then heat a griddle and grease it with little oil.and put the paratha over it
- Cook on meidum flame till golden spot appears on one side,then turn the side.
- Drizzle 1 t.s oil or butter and press lightly with a spatula .turn the side and repeat the process on other side.
- Slice and serve hot
Serving suggestions-best served with curd,pickle and chutney
Palak and Moong Sprout Paratha
Servings: 6 people