Kathal beej ki subzi -Jackfruit seeds delicately stir fried in a hot spicy sauce.
A few days ago my daughter’s friend went to India on a holiday, and while returning from there he brought a jackfruit for us.
But unfortunately it was a ripe and sweet jackfruit and could not be used for cooking, so with a heavy heart, I had to trash it. But since he brought it with so much love, I thought of trying to use at least some part of it.
So I took out all the seeds from kathal and thought of making something out of them, so I tried to make a stir fry from the boiled seeds and it turned out to be pretty delicious!
few days back I have posted kathal curry , in that post I have mention how to clean the seeds and kathal.now don’t discard the seeds of kathal instead make this delicious kathal ke beej ki subzi
- Kathal / Jackfruit seeds – 2 cups
- Tomatoes – 1
- Green Chillies – 2
- Ajwain (Carom Seeds) – 1/2 t.s
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 t.s
- Chana Masala – 1/3 t.s
- Asafoetida – 1/4 t.s
- Turmeric – 1/2 t.s
- Chilli Powder – 1 t.s
- Mango Powder – 1 t.s
- Coriander Powder – 1 t.s
- Salt – 1 t.s
- Oil – 3 tbls
- Curry Leaves – 6
- wash the seeds properly and then pressure cook for 3 whistles with a glass of water and 1/4 tsp turmeric.
- Peel the skin properly and then chop them lengthwise into 6 pieces
- Heat oil in a pan add cumin and carom seeds.
- When start crackling add asafoetida,curry leaves and chopped green chillies.
- Add tomato and salt. cover and cook till tomato become soft.
- Now add all the dry spices and chopped seeds ,stir well
- Add 2 tbsp water mix,cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve with daal ,rice and roti
Kathal Ke Beej Ki Subzi /Jackfruit Seed Stir fry
Servings: 4 people